MANUAL HANDLING COURSE
Manual Handling Course / Manual Handling Training
In order to protect health and safety at work, it is essential that employees complete a Manual Handling Course.
These courses are designed to ensure that correct methods for assessing risk, moving loads and using ergonomically correct equipment are employed.
Proper Manual Handling results in fewer work days lost to injuries primarily affecting the musculo-skeletal system.
- The law
- Human anatomy
- Good lifting techniques
- Dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Use of PPE
- Good housekeeping
- Student practical assessment
Maximum number of participants: 10
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Certificate: 3 years
Objectives of the course
On completion of this course participants will:
- Understand the importance of correct Manual Handling
- Understand the correct methods of Manual Handling
- Understand their responsibility in carrying out safe Manual Handling practices
- Reinforce proper lifting techniques