CPC TRAINING COURSE
Driver CPC Training Course
The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) is a qualification for anyone who drives professionally – bus, coach and lorry drivers. It was introduced with the aim of improving road safety and helping to maintain high standards of driving.
It is a legal requirement for all in these professions to complete 35 hours of periodic training over a five year period, on an ongoing basis – one module of a 7 hour duration being completed every year.
This comprises of both theory and practical elements.
- Passenger comfort
- Legal matters relating to driving
- Vehicle loading and stability
- Ability to deal with an emergency
- Physical risks involved in driving
Module 1 – Control of Vehicle and Eco-Driving Techniques
Module 2 – Minimising Risks and Managing Emergencies in the Transport Industry
Module 3 – Health and Safety of the Professional Driver
Module 4 – Role of the Professional Driver in the Transport Industry
Module 5 – The Professional Truck Driver
Module 6 – The Professional Bus Driver
Objectives of the course
- To provide the participants with high driving and safety standards
- To reduce fatalities and serious injuries on the roads through a common EU-wide standard of training and testing
Maximum number of participants: 12
Duration: 1 day
Certificate: 1 module to be completed each year in the 5 year cycle